Am I too young / too old for this trip?
- Most of our guests are either in their 30’s, 40’s or 50’s. However, we’ve also had students older or younger, and they had a blast!
- We are strong believers that age is just a number. What’s important to us is that guests come with the right intention: to focus on surfing & have a good time.
- The minimum age is 18 years old. We sometimes accept younger travellers if an adult accompanies them.
What surf experience do I need?
- You can’t be “too inexperienced” for our main retreats in Costa Rica, Nicaragua & Bali. Around 20% of our guests have never touched a surfboard before joining our surf retreats.
- You need to know how to swim to join a trip.
- For the Maldives & Mentawais, you need a minimum of surfing experience as these are “intermediate only” retreats (click here to know more).
- You can be “too advanced” for our trips. They are designed for beginners and intermediates; therefore, we take our guests to adapted and safe spots for their level. If you are looking to throw some airs and to get the barrel of your life, you are too experienced for our retreats.
Type of Traveler
Lone travellers, groups of friends & couples.
- Yes, you can come if you are travelling on your own. This is one of the best parts of travelling with us: from the start, you will join a group of like-minded guests and share amazing experiences. About 50% of our groups are composed of lone travellers.
- Yes, we welcome groups of friends. Groups of 2, 3 or 4 friends often join our surf coaching retreats.
- Yes, we have couples travelling with us. We have limited private rooms on our trips, so we recommend contacting us before booking for room availability.