RESERVATION POLICY UPDATE FOR BOOKINGS MADE AFTER 1st of APRIL, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect nations and people all over the world, and in light of the latest WHO guidance, we’ve reached the decision to suspend all our surfing retreats until 2021 (see calendar). Below how we are managing the upcoming trips occurring in 2021.
Barefoot Surf is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any trip departure. We recommend waiting on our trip confirmation, 60 days before the beginning of your surf trip, to book your travel arrangements.
IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR TRIP
- You can cancel your trip for any reason up to 60 days before the departure date and obtain a full refund of your deposit or ask to change travel dates, free of charge. No refund or travel credits will be issued afterwards in case you cancel your trip.
- For intermediate surf retreats, this date is 120 days before the retreat, unless we have specified otherwise by email.
CANCELLATION BY BAREFOOT SURF
We continuously monitor events, including the COVID-19 pandemic, that may impact the safety or delivery of your upcoming trip. We may cancel your surf trip because of safety or operational reasons 60 days or more before its beginning. If this occurs, we will let you know by email and you will get the option to either:
- transfer 110% of the value of your deposit to any alternate surf trip
- receive a full refund of your deposit.
The trip may be cancelled due to a “force majeure” event 59 days or less before its beginning (or 119 days or less for intermediate surf trips). In this case, you will receive a refund covering the funds that have not yet been sent to accommodation & service providers. Depending on your destination, accommodation partners and service providers might not offer monetary refunds or credits for a future trip. Therefore we do not guarantee complete monetary refunds in circumstances that a force majeure causes the cancellation of your surf trip. You may then pursue reimbursement with, for example, the Quebec Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents or your travel insurer.
The above-amended conditions apply to Barefoot Surf’s land portion of your trip only. Airlines and other travel providers may charge additional fees. The policies on late arrivals or departures, passports & visas, errors & omissions, and optional activities of our standard policy still apply here.
STANDARD RESERVATION POLICY
We understand how special each and every surf trip is for our guests; this is why we do our best to work with everyone’s individual needs and circumstances. A cancellation doesn’t only affect our budget, but also the budgets of our business partners and local people.
The majority of services and accommodations are booked and paid to our suppliers 60 days before departure (120 days for intermediate trips) and are not refundable to us. A cancellation less than 60 days (120 days for intermediate trips) before departure means that the sums for your accommodation and services have already been sent to the suppliers and these funds are not refundable to us.
Once the package/room/boat has been booked, the spot becomes unavailable for someone who could have booked otherwise. Thank you very much for understanding.
- Make your first 20% deposit
- The balance for the trip is due 60 days prior departure
- For the intermediate retreats, the balance is due 120 days prior departure
CANCELLATIONS BY GUESTS
Pre arrival cancellations will only be accepted when they are sent in writing by email.
The client has the responsibility to ensure that adequate trip cancellation and interruption insurance has been purchased to cover any forfeited portion of their trip cost in case of a cancellation.
Cancellation charges are applicable as follow:
- 20% deposits are not refundable but may be used on future trips.
- Travellers have five (5) years to use their 20% deposit on any futur trip, no matter what destination.
- Our surf trips are not refundable in case of a cancellation less than 60 days prior the departure date (or 120 days for intermediate retreats). The amount of the deposit may be used towards a future surf trip.
These fees aim to minimize the financial impact on our business and on our partners. The sooner we know about the cancellation, the better. We will try our best to transfer our offer to another date, but we cannot guarantee this.
- If a client chooses to leave the trip, or stop using Barefoot Surf’s services for any reason post departure, Barefoot Surf is not obligated to make any refunds.
- We highly suggest our travellers to get travel insurance that covers unforseen cases such as loss of employment, injury prior trip or natural disaster. This is the best way to protect your investment in your surf trip. Click here to buy travel insurance directly online with our partners G1G.
LATE ARRIVAL OR DEPARTURE
Any conditions out of our control that can delay your arrival or departure and add to your cost such as extra charges caused by delays (late luggage, extra flights, etc.) or any variations from your itinerary (early departure, evacuation) will be at your expense.
PASSPORTS AND VISAS
It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they have a valid passport (valid 6 months after the departure date). He must also be in possession of visas, if necessary. It is not Barefoot Surf Travel’s responsibility if a customer is refused entry to the country due to a lack of travel documentation.
The trip may be cancelled due to a “force majeure” event 59 days or less before its beginning (or 119 days or less for intermediate surf trips). In this case, you will receive a refund covering the funds that have not yet been sent to accommodation & service providers. Depending on your destination, accommodation partners and service providers might not offer monetary refunds or credits for a future trip. Therefore we do not guarantee complete monetary refunds in circumstances that a force majeure causes the cancellation of your surf trip. You may then pursue a reimbursement with, for example, the Quebec Compensation Fund for Customers of Travel Agents or your travel insurer.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
We have made an honest attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation, including brochures and website. Barefoot Surf is not responsible for any errors, omission or unintended misrepresentation that may occur.
Optional activities do not form part of the trip itself. Any help provided by Barefoot in arranging optional activities in no way renders Barefoot Surf liable for them.
Minimum 5, maximum of 12 surfers per group. Plane ticket not included, no specific airline company intended for trips. Sold by owner of Quebec permit (#703125). Barefoot Surf Travel, Montreal, Canada.