We understand how special each and every surf trip is for our guests; this is why we do our best to work with everyone’s individual needs and circumstances. With that in mind, we have no choice but to have our own cancellation policy.
A cancellation doesn’t only affect our budget, but also the budgets of our business partners and local people. Once the package/room has been booked, the spot becomes unavailable for someone who could have booked otherwise.
Thank you very much for understanding.
CANCELLATIONS BY CLIENTS
Pre arrival cancellations will only be accepted when they are sent in writing by email.
The client has the responsibility to ensure that adequate trip cancellation and interruption insurance has been purchased to cover any forfeited portion of their trip cost in case of a cancellation.
Cancellation charges are applicable as follow:
- 20% deposits are not refundable but may be used on futur trips.
- Travellers have five (5) years to use their 20% deposit on any futur trip, no matter what destination.
- Our surf trips are not refundable in case of a cancellation less than 60 days prior the departure date. The amount of the deposit may be used towards a futur surf trip.
These fees aim to minimize the financial impact on our business and on our partners. The sooner we know about the cancellation, the better. We will try our best to transfer our offer to another date, but we cannot guarantee this.
- If a client chooses to leave the trip, or stop using Barefoot’s services for any reason post departure, Barefoot is not obligated to make any refunds.
- We highly suggest our travellers to get travel insurance that covers unforseen cases such as loss of employment, injury prior trip or natural disaster. This is the best way to protect your investment in your surf trip. For Canadian citizens only, we provide travel insurance through our partner Escapade Insurance. Click here to buy travel insurance online.
LATE ARRIVAL OR DEPARTURE
Any conditions out of our control that can delay your arrival or departure and add to your cost such as extra charges caused by delays (late luggage, extra flights, etc.) or any variations from your itinerary (early departure, evacuation) will be at your expense.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
We have made an honest attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation, including brochures and website. Barefoot is not responsible for any errors, omission or unintended misrepresentation that may occur.
Optional activities do not form part of the trip itself. Any help provided by Barefoot in arranging optional activities in no way renders Barefoot liable for them.
Minimum 5, maximum 14 travellers per group. Plane ticket not included, no specific airline company intended for trips. Sold by owner of Quebec permit (#703125). Barefoot Surf Travel, J6K4K2, Montreal, Canada.